Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

"Cheryl & Co. Frosted Cut-Out Cookies" Recipe

I am looking for Cheryl's Cookies recipe for butter cream icing and cut out cookies.

By Janet from Winona Lake, IN

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: "Cheryl & Co. Frosted Cut-Out Cookies" Recipe

Does anyone have a copycat recipe for "Cheryl and Co. Frosted Cut-out Cookies"? The ingredients are listed on their website, but I'd love to have the recipe for it. They are a melt-in-your mouth vanilla sugar cookie, not a typical sugar cookie. Thanks!

Mia from Philadelphia

RE: "Cheryl & Co. Frosted Cut-Out Cookies" Recipe

I got this recipe from all recipes dot com. I read the reviews and changed the recipe accordingly. Awesome cookies!

Thick cut-outs

• 6 egg yolks
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 cups butter, softened
  • 2 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 7 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
  • 4 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 Tablespoon hot water or as needed

DIRECTIONS

1. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Cover dough and chill for at least one hour.
  2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment or baking sheet liners. On a floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/2 inch thick and cut into desired shapes using cookie cutters. Place 2 inches apart on to the prepared baking sheets.
  3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. To make frosting, mix together the confectioners' sugar, oil and 1 teaspoon vanilla until smooth. Gradually add enough hot water to achieve a spreadable consistency.
(12/21/2008)

By all41&14all

I am making the Cheryl and Co. butter frosted cut out cookies. In the recipe, the frosting doesn't call for butter. Although there is no butter, will it taste like the original? Also, if I use liners on my cookie sheet, do I still need to grease it?

By Mizfour from Queens, NY

RE: "Cheryl and Co. Frosted Cut-Out Cookies" Recipe

I use parchment paper all the time when I bake cookies, and I never grease it. (04/14/2009)

By MCW

Royal Icing has no butter, and it dries hard. It's the one to use on cookies. Otherwise you couldn't stack them. The originals were probably made that way too, so they should taste the same if you've used the same flavorings.

They say you have to be very sure that no butter at all touches this icing, in order for it to dry hard. I just looked at the recipe and it has veg. oil in the frosting, and I admit I have never heard of that. I can't even imagine how it would taste, and surely it wouldn't dry hard. If you aren't worried about stacking them, I'd use unsalted butter in the icing. (04/16/2009)

By Jeneene

Please post the cookie recipe. Thank you. (b)Editor's Note:(/b) There is a copycat recipe archived at the bottom of this page. (05/05/2009)

By barb07