Pet PagesPets

Bunter (Burmese)

Bunter is 7 and a Burmese. I adopted from a breeder when he was a kitten. He has a sock fetish. When he hears the dryer door, he comes and waits for the socks to be unloaded and then grabs one and takes it to his food bowl and chews on it. He once ate 7 1/2 feet of yarn. He was known at the Vets office as "yarn butt".

He is named after Mervin Bunter, a character in the Dorothy Sayers novels from the 1940s.

By Jean

My cat loves to help me when I'm folding clothes, and will get up on the basket of clean clothes just out of the dryer and try to stop me from taking any of the clothes away sometimes. I think he likes the warmth. I made sock toys for him when he was a baby, loading them with "Cosmic Catnip" and he still loves them. He'll be 6 years old next Feb 14.

He's taught our son's little cat how to play, and that was the sweetest thing I ever saw. That little one came from the Humane Society and never even knew his mother, so that poor little fella didn't know very much of anything. Kit is teaching him.

Animals can be kinder than people most of the time, and we could learn a lot from them.

Bunter is beautiful. Thank you for sharing him and I'm hoping he doesn't eat anymore yarn.

Pookarina

Reply Like this photo? Yes