Plan and Freeze Food for Camping

I plan meals ahead of time for my camping trip, buying any food items I can on sale and freezing meat. I also prepare and freeze some items to save on the amount of ice I'll need to buy and the room needed to put in ice while still keeping the food safe to eat.

By Lisa from Clarksburg, WV

I also freeze meats for the trips and save up cleaned sour cream and cottage cheese containers to freeze water in. They really stretch the bagged ice that we buy. Many times I'll find steak on sale cheap (we have 7 kids and 14 grands) I'll rinse the meat, Ziplock baggie it, cover with our favorite steak sauce and pop in the freezer.

Cooking Over Camp Fire
Camping Cooking Tips
Travel and Recreation Recreation Camping PlanningJune 19, 2007
A pot cooking over a fire.
Camping Recipes
Children Laughing in Campground
Camping with Children
Tealight candle burning in the dark
Camp Cooking With Tealights
Mom and 3 girls Camping in the Rain
Camping in the Rain
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 10:10:35 PM on 10.0.0.179 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.