Keeping the Floor Clean in a High Traffic Area

I am always cleaning the linoleum floor in my kitchen. It is the one room where people are always walking and the floor seems to be dirty all the time. The floor is mostly white. What can I do to cut down the cleaning?

By Christina from WV

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

If this is dirt that is being tracked in from the outside, put floor mats, big ones, both inside and outside the doors. And do not permit outside shoes into the kitchen.

In my house, we do not wear our outside shoes into the house, and so anything that is the kitchen is spills or crumbs. If that is the problem, I guess you just have to get people to be neater and to clean up after themselves if they spill.

I second Louel53! I also do not allow shoes in my home and besides helping to keep the kitchen floor clean it also helps keep the bathroom floors and carpeting clean and much less wear and tear :-)

Put a box at the door for their shoes!

Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsJune 8, 2010
sweeping a floor
Floor Sweeping Tips
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Area Rug in Dining Room
Area Rug Tips
Downward photo of an area rug in a lobby
Cleaning Area Rugs
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 2:08:26 PM on 10.0.1.155 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.