Recipe for Caramel Apple Dip

Does anyone know how to make the caramel dip for apples ... like you get at McDonald's in the kids meals with apple slices? Or any kind other than the caramel melted kind you make with Kraft caramels? Less sugar is what I'm looking for if possible!

Hi Jeannie,

You can mix caramel extract with either cream cheese or sour cream for a low sugar dip. It is good on apples and other fruit. It also makes a good dip or spread for vanilla wafers ro graham crackers.

You may be able to find caramel extract in the grocery store by the vanilla. Or, you can order it (and many other flavors) from Watkins and have it delivered right to your door! ... CatalogLocale=USA&ECredit=362289

at that link is the recipe I found, but made in a slow cooker. Here is the other one:

1 (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened

3/4 c. brown sugar

1/4 c. white sugar

1 tsp. vanilla

1/2 tsp. caramel extract

1 c. finely chopped nuts

Beat all ingredients except nuts until smooth. Add nuts. Blend together until mixed well. Any fruit can be used for dipping. Granny Smith apples are the best.

I made something really good that tasted good and even got in some calcium for VBS this year.

Take a brick of cream cheese (8 oz) and add a little milk, whip till a dipping consistency

You can also use whipped cream cheese for this, but I used the 1/3 less fat stuff and had to make for a lot of kids, so we didn't use whipped (and I'm not sure if it comes in lower fat).

Then dip apple slices into cream cheese and then into brown sugar. Now I realize that brown sugar is sugar but you can guarantee that they get a LOT less sugar per teaspoon with brown sugar than the stuff that is in the grocery stores. You can also measure the sugar, use the Splenda Blend brown sugar or for a really good crunch use Raw or unbleached sugar crystals, adds a really good crunch. You can also blend the sugar into the cream cheese, but the kids loved doing the dipping themselves.

Hope that helps!

I don't have a recipe, but there is an ice cream topping in the grocery store that is really good. It is called Mrs. Richardson's and it comes in caramel. I heat it in the microwave and use it for apple dip. Really YUMMY!

I don't use exact measurements to cook but I do make a very low sugar caramel topping/dip for my diabetic husband. Dissolve splenda brown sugar blend in boiling water, thicken with corn starch, beat in butter or margarine, let cool till warm, stir in vanilla and butter flavoring. Hopefully this will help you out as I don't know how much you want to make.

Plate of apples and caramel dip.
Caramel Apple Dip Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes CondimentsSeptember 30, 2007
Italian Dip
Italian Dip Recipes
Make Your Own Sparkling Apple Cider, Two glasses of sparkling apple cider.
Make Your Own Sparkling Apple Cider
Dipping Vegetables in Vegetable Dip
Vegetable Dip Recipes
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes