Papier Mache Recipes

Can anyone tell me what the recipe is for making paper mache?

Amy from Fort Wayne, IN

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I am looking for a good recipe for making paper mache using flour and water. I have tried a recipe on this site but it keeps burning to the bottom of the pan. Any tips or recipes would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Luna from Seattle

Answers:

RE: Paper Mache Recipes

I haven't tried this myself, but I recently watched a program on HGTV where they used liquid starch for paper mache. It seemed much less messy than anything I've ever tried. (10/30/2005)

By Barbara

RE: Paper Mache Recipes

I use diluted white glue for my paper mache. I seems to work well.

Stanlie (11/01/2005)

By Steamer

When I was in school we made paper mache maps. We used liquid starch and toren pieces paper into small piece. When my Daughter was married I made a hot air balloon with strips of newspaper dipped in starch and pur it around a balloon. They both worked well. Make sur the paper is well soaked. You might try smaal amounts. Use full stength. Let each layer dry thourghly before adding the next one.

Ive always used plain old flour and water, mixed up to a soupy consistancy. Its the cheapest ans simplest way to make the paper mache. Then you just tear strips of newspaper to dip in the bowl. I like to get large oval balloons and then make Pinatas out of them.

I have used several different things. Diluted white glue is the easiest. Flour and water works okay, but sometimes it is floury when completed.

I'm making a project and I am doing paper mache and I need to find out how to do it with liquid starch. Any answers will be appreciated.

In scouts last year we made 2 paper Mache santa clauses and we used school glue and water to thin it to a soupy mix smeared our hands and 20 kids hands into it with strips of paper and stuck it on...letting it dry between coats. Worked great. As for the flour if you have to cook it u must use cold water to mix the flour and water and on med. heat constantly stirring get it hot enough to thicken to the consistency you wish. Then you have to let it cool some so you or the kids don't get burned..

Answer

Paper Mache Butterfly
Making Paper Mache
Crafts Paper Papier-MacheNovember 29, 2007
Paper Mache Hot Air Balloon
Making a Paper Mache Hot Air Balloon
Paper Mache Lanterns
Making Paper Mache Lanterns
Papier Mache Clay
Papier Mache Clay Recipe
Making Paper Mache Masks
Paper Mache Masks
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 29, 2016 at 5:07:05 AM on 10.0.0.200 in 564 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.