Light Is Delayed In Turning On

I have "slow electricity" in two of my light switches. One in a hallway and another in a bedroom. The switch is flipped and 1-2 seconds later the light comes on. Any thoughts, old switches maybe?

Michael

There is a time delay if using the spiral flourescent light bulbs of a second or two; if you are using regular light bulbs and are having this delay, then you may need a new switch and if this doesn't help resolve the problem, check with an electrician.

I agree with the previous poster's comment that there is a delay when using some of the compact fluorescent bulbs. I only really notice it in some of my fixtures so maybe it's not all brands that do it or maybe it is just more obvious in some rooms. The savings in electricity is worth it, but I still notice it every time I flip the switch in some rooms and it didn't do it before changing out the bulbs.

Home and Garden Repair Home ElectricalApril 29, 2008
Crepe Myrtle Not Blooming
Crepe Myrtle Not Blooming
Disposing of Light Bulbs (Incandescent), A light bulb.
Disposing of Light Bulbs (Incandescent)
Light Colored Carpet
Paint Color to Coordinate With Light Colored Carpet
Best Christmas Light Shows. House decorated in white Christmas lights
Best Christmas Light Shows
🎄
🍂