Charities To Help Someone Whose House Burned Down

Category Charity
After the stress and lost resulting from a house fire can come the need for temporary assistance with clothing, housing, and more. This is a guide about charities to help someone whose house burned down.

I need your help. My freind Dino's house burned down yesterday distroying everything he owned except for the clothes on his back and his two dogs. We are so greatful that nobody was hurt however Dino needs help.

He is one of the most caring, sincere, reliable and giving people in the world. If this happened to someone else Dino would be first in line to help. The people who care about Dino are doing everything that we can to help however we are hoping that there are charities or people out there who can help. If you know of anything please let us know.

Thank you,
Melissa

Best Answer

Check to see if you have a freecycle group in your area at www.freecycle.org and then post a request telling people about the fire and the kinds of things he needs (include sizes for clothes). When people have done this in our area they have gotten more than they could have ever used. Freecyclers are the best friends to have! ;-) Also, the Red Cross should be another place to go for help for this kind of issue. They are there to help people who lost things due to a disaster.

Best Answer

The Red Cross helps out in this kind of situation, Also United Way, churches in the area.

Best Answer

Lots of fire departments have what they call a "burn out fund" that they use to help people in this type of situation, giving them vouchers to use at local stores, groceries, etc. I would also contact local radio and newspapers, and give them a list of what is needed (sizes, etc) and your phone number to call. My sister-in-law's house burned to the ground several years ago and I asked the local radio station to run a story -- they were already covering the fire itself, but I asked them to add info about items needed and my name & phone number to contact. People will open their hearts if they know about the situation!

Anonymous

thank you so much. just hearing your comment and the words from your heart were comforting! yes! thank god for doggies and for people sweet as you... my friend's house burned and i just dont know what to do.. she needs money to rent another house and its such a struggle-- she is disabled. but you shed some light with your story and i thank you. blessed christmas to you and your little friend too.

my house was burned i was in process of having it fixed so i could use my oxygen tank without fuses blowing out and i was not there ive been spending the night at my boyfriends until my son fixed it and nov.2,2016 in caught on fire along with all my furniture and things i owned. i dont have money to give my grandson and family thanksgiving or christmas now i am his gaurdian since he was 6years old he is 16years old i have allways made it but this year i need help i don't know how long or i dont know if my insurance will cover the damages. im disabled ive i took care of my mom wit cancer,alheimerz until she died in my arm a few years ago then i became owner its been hard on me trying to repair the house and now its gone so many good memorys with family can someone please give me some hope and let me know what to do. my#(559)7928613 my grandson get straight a's and b's in school he is a very good boy and i have raised him he is special Marcus cuellar is his name

thank you

Could I please.help me I had a house fire 22need 2016 I've lost everything I'm 50 suffer withmental health and Germany I'll

Hi my name is Christopher White live in Monroe County Florida moved to South Carolina Goose Creek due to my house burning down I lost everything most tragic thing that's ever happened to me I really need some help my dad an grandma took me in I just had nowhere else to go...

Try calling Red Cross, they really helped my sister.

Anonymous

http://www.giveforward.com/