Coffee Filter Butterfly Magnets
These are cute little magnets that are a blast for the kids to make. They love spraying their artwork with water and watching the colors soften and blend.
- 1 round coffee filter
- spray bottle with water
- 1 clothespin
- 1 pipe cleaner
- hot glue
- 1 small magnet
- googly eyes (optional)
- Flatten the coffee filter as much as possible.
- Using the markers, sporadically color the coffee filter until it is mostly covered.
- Place your colored coffee filter on either an old towel or a cooling rack with a towel or paper towel under it. Use the spray bottle to mist water all over the filter, soaking it. (You don't want the water to pool on the filter, just get it completely wet.) The colors will soften and bleed together.
- Allow to dry completely, about an hour. (To speed this process, you can use a hairdryer to help it along).
- Once it is dry, gather the coffee filter in the center, by pinching it together. Secure with pipe cleaner.
- Attach clothes pin body by opening the mouth of the pin and grasping over the pipe cleaner.
- You can add googly eyes if you'd like, or else just use markers to draw the butterflies face.
- Use the hot glue gun to attach the magnet to the backside of the clothespin.
By Michele from East Bethel, MN
Read feedback for this post below.
Click here to post feedback.
Great idea for kids!
what a wonderful idea. I love it
Add your voice to the conversation.