50th Anniversary Centerpiece Ideas

A celebration is in order for a marriage that is this long lived, but it doesn't have to be expensive. This guide contains 50th anniversary centerpiece ideas.

50th Anniversary Centerpiece

March 29, 2009 Flag

I am planning a 50th wedding anniversary for parents. Money is tight for everyone so we decided to have a family get together at a restaurant. My parents think that my brother is taking them out to eat and well the rest of us will already be there. I want to make a nice centerpiece for the table but am on budget so to speak. Does anyone have any good ideas for me?

By Jenwoodard from Columbus, GA

Best Answer

You can make a wish tree that you can paint gold and fill the branches with pictures of the couple, their family and friends, and event in their lives that they cherished. You can add theater tickets, gift certificates, etc. to make it truly special. Any personal gifts given to a couple celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary is a nice addition to their years spent together. Good luck.

Best Answer

Jenn, my SIL made a centerpiece for their mom and dad's 50th anniversary. She bought a pretty basket and painted it gold. Then since roses are Mom's favorite flower, she put yellow roses in it and some greenery. She got some white filler flowers and sprayed them gold also and put a pretty bow on the handle of the basket. It was beautiful. She also made them a traditional wedding cake. They didn't have one at their wedding.

Is is going to be just one table?

1. I've seen miniature cakes be the centerpiece, even a champagne bottle with a bow and some "somethings" around it!

2. Is there something that they are "known" for within their family? you could make it a theme...like if they are bowlers, "50 years and bowling strong", and use a wood paper looking type thing to go down the middle , IDK just that you can get pretty creative with stuff.

3. With the computer, it is pretty easy to make a book. I would ask people to send memories and dedicate a pg to each with a pic (old or new). Or, could do this in a photo album.

4. I just read that "gold' is associated with the 50th annv., how bout a goldfish in a bowl?

Here are some "gold" ideas http://marriage.about.com/od/50thweddinganniversary/p/50anniv.htm

5. Here's an idea I read about."Sitting in the middle of the 5 foot tables, the wreathes had fat creme candles inside of hurricane lamps. On either side the boughs were placed with gold thread woven into the boughs. With the candle light everything sparkled. Then on the tables (with white tablecloths) my sister spread gold "50" confetti around.

6. Another good Idea I read...Any old basket spray painted gold (or whatever color matches your decor) and then filled with autumn leaves, shells, fresh fruits or vegetables (which everyone takes home with them!) can make lovely centerpieces! Clippings from plants around your home (ivys work so well) that are placed in the tiny potting containers and then covered with cloth or camouflaged inside the basket can add lots to your centerpiece too!

7. I just googled the IMAGE "table centerpiece", and there are lots of ideas. Look at them. Itmight spark an idea!

Have a nice time! Jamie

I do not have any photos. I was thinking of something along the lines of a nice candle with flower arrangement around it but really don't know where to start. I have never made anything like this. I don't have a lot of time. I did get some of the gold 50th confetti to put on the table. It will be one large table that will seat 10 to 15 people.

Holidays and Parties Parties CenterpiecesFebruary 17, 2013
Easter Centerpiece
Easter Centerpiece Ideas
50th Anniversary Gift Box
50th Anniversary Gift Ideas
50th Wedding Anniversary Party
50th Wedding Anniversary Party Ideas
Party Balloons
Surprise 50th Birthday Party Ideas