Uses for Newspaper Plastic Bags

If you get a daily newspaper delivered to you in long, narrow plastic bags, you can recycle them in a number of ways. They are great for holding shoes when traveling, so that the clothing in your suitcase doesn't get dirty. Each bag can hold one shoe or a pair of smaller footwear, such as flip flops.

I also store several of these bags in a large used plastic cup with a lid (think recycled fast food soda cup that you have washed) and that sits in my car in the cup holder - they are great to use as small trash bags. I also store my kitty litter scoop in one, so that anything stuck to the scoop ends up in the bag and not in the bottom of my cabinet.

By ginnywest from Murrells Inlet, SC

I use 2 canes to walk and that makes it hard to carry things. I found using the newspaper plastic sleeves to carry pop or covered coffee just the thing as they stay upright and the holes at the top are just right for hooking over cane.

I use them for dog poop bags - as long as they have no holes! The larger ones I use to share produce such as carrots with their tops and rhubarb. I also bring them camping to put dirty footwear in during travel and for in suitcases.

The best way to recycle these bags is to return them to your paper carrier, and they will use them again to keep your paper dry! Just leave them where your paper is left!

Its_Me, you took the words right out of my mouth... or rather, fingers, lol! Hubby delivered newspapers for 18 months to help supplement our Social Security. Those little baggies could get awfully expensive!

Some great ideas here. I keep a few in the car to slide over wet umbrellas. I carry one inside any place I visit. I also quickly slide the wet umbrella into a bag as soon as I get back to the car.

Never put food in a plastic bag that is not intended for food. You may be passing chemicles onto your food. Plastic that is intended for food is processed differently than other plastic.

If I'm not returning them to the paper carrier, I cut them up like the other plastic bags and use them as "plarn" to crochet with. Made a really good tote bag for my Mom's walker with it!

I freeze half-filled water bottles to use when I'm out. Before going out, I fill the bottle with cold water and put the bottle into a newspaper baggie. Keeps my purse and whatever else I'm carrying dry.

I stuff a bunch of them in an old prescription bottle and put them in my car or purse to put dirty diapers in when we are out and not near a trashcan.

Zig

I keep mine in an empty tissue box by my kitchen sink. When I take meat out of it's package, I put the empty meat packaging in the bags and tie the tops. I can then throw them out and it doesn't stink!

I use newspaper bags for my kitchen scrap. Onion peel, carrot tips etc. gets tied up and tossed in one easy go.

Plastic Newspaper Bag
Uses for Plastic Newspaper Bags
Recycled Paper Envelope Finished
Making Recycling Fun
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags, Coins in Zip-Lock Bag
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags
Air Filled Packing Bag
Uses for Air Filled Packing Bags
Two soldiers photographed fighting in WW II.
Did They Have Plastic Bags in WW II?
🎉
🎄