FurnitureMake Your Own

Making a Space Saving Kitchen Table

Does anyone have an idea or instructions for making a space saving kitchen table that attaches to a windowsill, maybe folding under the window?

By nicksmom124 from Fayetteville, NC

Answers

Hi Nicksmom! Another Fayetteville-ian here! LOL

Anyway, Go to a lumber yard and pick up a board approximately the size you want your table to be. Bring it home and sand it, trim it out with a router, paint or stain it, and do whatever you have in mind for it.

When it's all ready, get an extra heavy duty piano hinge (I think Lowe's or Home Depot carry them) in the length that you need to attach it to the wall.

To hold it up when it's in use, take a 2"x2" board of the right height. Take it home and sand, stain, whatever to it.

Here comes a choice. This is what I did one time. I took small pieced of 1/4 round molding--cut to make a square "frame" around the top of the 2x2. This makes a frame to hold it in place. On the bottom depending on the type flooring it will be on, you might want to attach a small piece of that rubber for lining shelves so it doesn't slide.

I did this in a mobile home once when I had no place to put a kitchen table. Worked great for me and my 2 small kids at the time!