Dryer Isn't Drying Clothes

I have a propane (natural gas) dryer. I have cleaned inside the "box" and got a lot of lint out, cleaned the vent hose, and cleaned the vent. It isn't heating to dry the clothes.

I did call them and they said to do all of the things that I did. It was working fine before I put the hose back in the wall to the vent outside. Now it isn't working, I have just this morning taken it back out and it still doesn't heat up to dry the clothes. Help, any ideas?

By Dahart from SW CO

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

All gas dryers have an ignition element that ignites the gas, and it's probably worn out and needs to be replaced.

Check out these two websites.

http://www.acme  dryer/gdryer.php

http://www.ehow  r-that-does.html

Yep, your heating element is dead. You need a new one, even if one heats clothes to WARM, it's supposed to be HOT, so sounds like yours needs to be replaced. The ideas they gave you were quick fixes if your element isn't dead.

Is it possible you are out of propane?

clothes dryer
Dryer Isn't Drying Clothes
Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing DryersDecember 28, 2009
Dried orange slices, bundle of cinnamon sticks, and cloves.
Drying Oranges
Putting on Jeans
Saving Money on Clothes While Dieting
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
Clothes Dryer
Clothes Dryer Tips
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 8:12:27 AM on 10.0.2.62 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.