ClothingOrganizing

Sock Locks

Just read your newsletter with tips on organizing socks. I use a great product called sock locks. A wonderful little gadget that fits a pair of socks together - we use them and I never have lost socks. As you take your socks off, just slip them into a sock lock, they stay though washing and drying then are already sorted to be put away. By Betty from Orange, TX

Top Comment

I hadn't been able to find the Sock Locks, so I simply take a medium size safety pin and pin the 2 socks together just below the ribbed section in the front of the sock. I, too, haven't lost a sock since I started this. Also, it keeps new socks together so one isn't wearing an old, well used sock on one foot and a new sock on the other!

Top Comment

Another easy way to keep up with socks is to put one inside the other before putting in the laundry hamper. On washday, just toss them in the washer. Sometimes knee socks separate, but the others stay together. This also means you don't have to sort socks when they're dry.

Top Comment

To wash my knee-high nylons I put a pair inside one of my hubby's dark socks and toss the sock into the laundry. The nylons stay inside, get clean and don't get snagged on anything else that's in the machine. I then toss the dark sock and nylons combo into the dryer. Eazy-peazy!

Now if we could only teach other family members to use these tricks.