FoodPets

Buying Canned Cat Food in Bulk

I have 8 cats that I feed dry food in the morning and canned cat food at night. Can anyone tell me the cheapest way to buy the large canned cat food? These are all stray cats that I have taken in and it is getting very expensive to feed them. Thank you for your help.

By Cat Lover from South GA

Instead of canned food, try warming some water in the microwave and pouring that over the dry food. The cats think they are getting a treat and it is cheaper than can.

Anonymous

You could buy grocery store brands that often are much, much less expensive than name brands and at my market, Safeway, most of the time they give a great discount for buying five or ten cans at a time. When you find these great deals ask the store manager if they would be willing to sell you a case or two at a time and, whether they're on sale or not, give you an extra discount for purchasing them by the case. They may say yes and they may say no but it never hurts to ask. ;-)