FoodPets

Buying Canned Cat Food in Bulk

I have 8 cats that I feed dry food in the morning and canned cat food at night. Can anyone tell me the cheapest way to buy the large canned cat food? These are all stray cats that I have taken in and it is getting very expensive to feed them. Thank you for your help.

By Cat Lover from South GA

Instead of canned food, try warming some water in the microwave and pouring that over the dry food. The cats think they are getting a treat and it is cheaper than can.

Anonymous

You could buy grocery store brands that often are much, much less expensive than name brands and at my market, Safeway, most of the time they give a great discount for buying five or ten cans at a time. When you find these great deals ask the store manager if they would be willing to sell you a case or two at a time and, whether they're on sale or not, give you an extra discount for purchasing them by the case. They may say yes and they may say no but it never hurts to ask. ;-)

I have always had the same problem, owning more than 10 cats at a time. It's nearly impossible to find large cans of cat food anywhere in my small town. The only ones around are over $3.00 a can. I discovered Chewy.com and they have a huge variety of foods to fit every budget and they deliver to your door for free. I purchase all my cats foods and supplies from them. If your cats refuse any food you buy from them they will reimburse you. If they run out of something you have ordered they'll give you $25 off your next 3 orders. I love this company and the fact I no longer have to go shopping for cat food and don't have to pack heavy bags and boxes to the car and then into the house. On delivery day I open my door and it's all right there on my porch.