English Definitions

This is a strange request, but I was wondering if any ThriftyFun subscribers from the UK could answer this for me: I'm reading a British murder mystery and it talks about someone "sloping" out of the room. Does that mean kind of a insolent swagger? (It's a teenager that does it and I remember myself at that age; oh dear!) Also, there's a character in the book who's referred to as that "old anorak" (I know an anorak is a jacket but don't know what it means when a person is referred to as one).

Thanks!

looked up anorak, it says jacket,

sloping said sideways angled etc, here is a link I use

http://thesaurus.reference.com/

Hi

Yes sloping out of the room is just what teenagers do. Leaving in a non-conspicuous manner. We call people an anorak if they are boring about a specific subject. Trainspotters Bird watchers etc

Better Living Self ImprovementApril 25, 2005
Guide
Ederly woman
Definition of Elderly
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 26, 2017 at 4:45:16 AM on 10.0.1.55 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.