Craft Project: T-Shirt Rag Rug
Using old tee shirt scraps I used to make a t-shirt quilt, I made a crocheted rag rug. My rug is 40 inches in diameter.
Approximate Time: 10 hours.
- rotary cutter
- sewing machine
- cutting mat
- crochet hook size "Q"
- tee shirts
- plastic quilters ruler
- you need around 12 tee shirts
- Cut 1 1/2 inches wide strips from tee shirt scraps. Sew the ends together.
- Roll up the strips into balls.
- Chain 4. Join with a slip stitch.
- Chain one and single crochet 12 stitches in the chain 4 circle.
- When you get to the beginning of the first row, join with a slip stitch and chain one.
- Crochet two single crochets in each stitch and join with a slip stitch when you get to the beginning of the second row. You should have 24 stitches.
- Join with a slip stitch. Chain 2.
- Double crochet in first stitch and 2 DC in the next. Crochet in this pattern all around and join with a slip stitch as before.
- Continue increasing at regular intervals for each row. Continue around as big as you want until you are out of strips.
- Slip stitch into the first stitch of the last row you did. Cut the strip. Fold it back under a loop and hand sew so you cannot see it.
By Little Suzy from Millbury, OH
Read feedback for this post below.
Click here to post feedback.
This is great, could even be used as a Christmas Tree skirt!
Looks awesome, I have been saving shirts up. lol Family calls me a hoarder.
Great idea suzy! I bet it's soft also and what a good way to use unwanted t-shirts. Bravo!
Add your voice to the conversation.