Getting Rid of Thousand Leggers - Categories:

AdvicePest Control

Getting Rid of Thousand Leggers

How do I get rid of thousand leggers in my country home? We bought a new, very nice double wide to put on our farm. It is partially in a wooded area, but not completely. We are only there about 2 weeks a month. We find thousand leggers around the edges of the carpet, sometimes in the bathtubs or almost anywhere. How can we get rid of them? Our farm is in Green County, Kentucky.

By Charco from Louisville, KY

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

uhhh - what is a thousand legger? is there a photo available? Maybe diatomaceous earth would be useful for them.

I don't know about these; maybe some sort of centipede or millipede but some bugs are turned away by mothballs. You could try it. I wish you luck. What a creepy feeling to come to your weekend/part=time house and find it already occupied. I wish you all the best. It just occurred to me. Call your farm extension agent and ask him. In the phone book under something like government agricultural services

They are call house centipedes. Scientific name Scutigera coleoptrata. You can look that up at wikipedia. They are creepy looking buggers but they kill spiders which i find to be even more disturbing. Anyway, I too am looking for a way to get rid of them. They like damp areas, and places where theres lot of rotting things like rotting leaves or compost

Home and Garden Pest Control AdviceApril 27, 2009
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
iTunes icon on a phone
Getting Rid of Duplicates in iTunes
Poison ivy growing up a tree trunk.
Getting Rid of Poison Ivy Plants
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 5:33:13 PM on 10.0.2.241 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.