Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Getting Rid of Thousand Leggers

0EmailPrintFollowSave

How do I get rid of thousand leggers in my country home? We bought a new, very nice double wide to put on our farm. It is partially in a wooded area, but not completely. We are only there about 2 weeks a month. We find thousand leggers around the edges of the carpet, sometimes in the bathtubs or almost anywhere. How can we get rid of them? Our farm is in Green County, Kentucky.

By Charco from Louisville, KY

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Kim Churchman 3 1,277 05/04/2009 Flag

uhhh - what is a thousand legger? is there a photo available? Maybe diatomaceous earth would be useful for them.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By susan winship 4 405 05/08/2009 Flag

I don't know about these; maybe some sort of centipede or millipede but some bugs are turned away by mothballs. You could try it. I wish you luck. What a creepy feeling to come to your weekend/part=time house and find it already occupied. I wish you all the best. It just occurred to me. Call your farm extension agent and ask him. In the phone book under something like government agricultural services

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Joe 1 07/26/2009 Flag

They are call house centipedes. Scientific name Scutigera coleoptrata. You can look that up at wikipedia. They are creepy looking buggers but they kill spiders which i find to be even more disturbing. Anyway, I too am looking for a way to get rid of them. They like damp areas, and places where theres lot of rotting things like rotting leaves or compost

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes