How do I make my own waterless car wash solution to put in a spray bottle?
By Dwana from Crowley, LA
1. Spray Bottle (24 oz.) with a variable twist nozzle that goes from mist to stream. You can use a larger bottle but these directions are for a 24 oz. bottle. I got my bottle from OSH in the gardening section.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax
3. Add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of Meguiar's Gold Class Liquid Wax (Shake well)
4. Slowly add some water until the bottle is 1/4 full, you DON"T want suds (If you want to go an extra step you could use distilled water)
5. Swirl it around until the liquid wax breaks down (about a minute)
6. Slowly add water to the 24oz mark.
7. Close up the bottle and shake well before using (it should not sud)
* Prime the sprayer the first time and test the mist amount before trying to spray the car.
Tips for using any waterless wash/quick detailer.
1. Dust the car off first. If your car is more than a dusting and a few bird droppings away from clean, you just need to go ahead and wash it. Or have a lot of towels ready.
2. Mist on the solution and wipe down with one towel.
3. Use another towel or a clean and dry section of the same towel to dry/polish.
4. Admire your clean car
Other tips/corrections/recipe tweaks welcome
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!