Cleaning Wax Buildup on a Windshield

If you take your car through a car wash and choose the wash and wax option, you may end up with wax residue on the windshield. This is a guide about cleaning wax buildup on a windshield.

Can anyone give me a solution for getting wax from a automatic car wash off a car windsheid? Mine seems to have a buildup and streaks so bad I almost can't see when I use the wipers.

KathyM from Ft. Wayne, IN

Answers

Best Answer

I know if you pour straight coke from the bottle or can on your windshield it will remove the road film from the glass. I bet it would do the same with wax. It would be a cheap fix if it worked. Even if it didn't help the wax, the film will be gone and that will help the view.

Drive safely !

Best Answer

This might sound crazy, but i've had good results using ultra-fine steel wool. Glass is actually harder than metal.
The grade you need is called "0000". Try it first near an edge. You'll actually feel the effort needed lessen as the goop comes off.

Best Answer

We get road film on our windsheild which makes it hard to see through when it is raining so whenever we go on a trip or I know we will be driving in the rain, I scrub the windshield good with Greased Lightning. You can find it in the grocery store with the cleaning products. Spray it on the windshield and scrub hard with a damp rag. Then take the rag and rinse the windsheid with clear water. Then use windex or whatever you clean your windshield with and paper towels and clean as usual. You will find that when it's raining, your windsheld will be crystal clear making driving much safer.

Anonymous
Best Answer

Use nail polish remover which is acetone. Than clean with invisible glass cleaner