Neglected Clear Glass Shower Enclosure

What cleaning products will bring back a 20 year neglected clear glass shower enclosure with beige tile walls and floors with grout?

Diane from Gig Harbor, WA

I use a product called "The Works" that I buy at the Family Dollar Store. It cuts through rust, lime, and calcium deposits. But, I have to warn you, that it is strong. You must use it in a well ventilated area....open windows, run fans, whatever, to get some air, or you will start coughing! I also wear gloves when using this product because it will peel the skin right off of your hands! But, boy, does it clean. I have a terrible rust problem in the sinks and toilets, and this product works quickly.

This isn't as strong of a product as the previous post, but one thing you can try is that "scrubbing bubbles" type of spray-on bathroom cleaner (also sold at most dollar stores). The secret is to leave it on & keep it wet for quite some time then use the back of a "scrubby sponge" & some elbow grease.

You can also try: Kaboom Shower, Tub & Tile Cleaner (from the TV commercial) The commercial shows a remarkable cleaner. I wonder if it's as good as they advertise?

YOU CAN BUY IT HERE::

http://secure.cyberbrands.com/as-se ... 40&sort=id&page=0&id=220

I have a fiberglass shower stall, with glass doors that is a big pain to clean. One thing I recently discovered (maybe on this site?) was that I can clean the glass door with a "Magic Sponge". Wow. It didn't take any more elbow grease than with the chemicals, and the results were spectacular. I can't use it on the fiberglass, but if you have glazed tile, you could use it on that, too! Then, if your grout still needs work, I would start with a product with bleach (or even bleach water in a spray bottle), spray it, and let it sit. (With the door closed, and the vent fan on!) AFter a couple of applications of that, see where you are, and then you can start with "products".

But I really suggest giving the magic sponges a try; I was thrilled.

I suggest Purple Power its usually in the automotive section, it is really strong and again follow previous posters advice on ventilation. You can actually watch it eat the crud off your tub, I bought a house with a very neglected bathtub and now it looks almost new. Good luck!

I clean houses for a living and believe me the best thing I have found is Pledge. I didn't believe it until I tried it.It really works. Spray liberally on a cloth and wipe down and go back and dry it.You'll be amazed! I was!

Wet a fabric softener dryer sheet and scrub the door. It may take several sheets but it melts the scum.

I got this suggestion from a lady who said she manages rental properties for a living. She suggests using oven cleaner on tubs, tiles, etc. for removing the crud that accumulates, especially soap scum. Oven cleaner is great for breaking up grease on ovens, so I guess that's why it works so well. It really does work, but if your tub or shower enclosure is made of fiberglass, oven cleaner will discolor it, so you should not use it on that. I am not sure how well it will work on a glass shower enclosure.

I use Kaboom spray & love how my shower looks after I use it! Not too much elbow grease after spraying on either! Give it a try!

We saw a demonstration on You Tube about using Purple Power Citrus Cleaner from Walmart. It's an auto/shop degreaser, but it has a pleasant odor. Just wear rubber gloves. Don't get any of this on shower/tub floor, because it will be slippery, unless you clean it up/rinse well.

Glass shower enclosure.
Cleaning Glass Shower Doors
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomAugust 19, 2008
Smiling woman cleaning a shower door
Cleaning Water Spots on Shower Doors
Nice bathroom with a glass shower door.
Adding Etching to a Glass Shower Door
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
Soap Scum covered shower doors
Cleaning Stubborn Shower Doors
🎉
🎄