Clothing StainsCleaning

Black Currant Stains on Clothing

How do you remove blackcurrant stains from clothing?

By Alison from Luton Bedfordshire

Answers

August 3, 2010 Flag

While dealing with blackcurrants that I froze last summer I managed to get tiny spots on a cream t-shirt. I soaked it straight away, but after a wash it still shows. Before I boil more currants and dye it all has anyone any other ideas? I loved that shirt.

By Marg from England

Answers:

Black Currant Stains on Clothing

You could try to apply bleach on a Q-tip to the stain. If it comes out too white, you could then use tea to stain it to match the cream color. Zout is great to try, too. (01/28/2010)

By pamphyila

Black Currant Stains on Clothing

Try peroxide.
(02/01/2010)

By Thrifty Me

Black Currant Stains on Clothing

Wet the stain with water first, then use bleach on the stain. If you don't wet the stain first, the bleach could remove the color from the shirt. (02/02/2010)

By skf620

Black Currant Stains on Clothing

I recently spilled hot tea down the front of my favorite baby blue sweater. And tea is used to dye things! Since I was traveling at the time, I soaked the sweater in cold water and put it in a plastic bag. When I got home I tried Rit Color Remover. The stain came out and the sweater looks great. I can't tell if the color remover took out any of the original color or not. If so, the change is minimal. (02/06/2010)

By Goldie2

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes