Preventing Stains on Clothing

Category Laundry
Preventing stains on clothing can be achieved in several ways, including protecting clothing and proper pretreating of spills prior to washing. This is a guide about preventing stains on clothing.

When you need to protect your clothing while eating, use a towel with binder clips as a "bib".

My husband is so smart. After hearing me complain about how our 9 and 12 year old boys are constantly getting food stains on their clothing during meal times, he really came up with a brilliant idea. He made several sets of napkin/bib clips just like the dentist uses. We now make sure that the boys have a large paper napkin fastened around the neck at meal times. We even take the napkin/bib clips with us to restaurants. Now anything that manages to splash or spill lands on the paper instead of their shirts. For extra protection, we have them wear an additional paper napkin across the lap. (We call it the two-napkin rule.)

Lynda

Ive just started back at school for year 12, and the uniform is a white blouse and black skirt. However, I bought a new backpack for school, it is unfortunately fake leather and black. When I use it, which is everyday but weekends, where the straps go they leave black on my shirt and it is really hard to wash out. I love the bag and I have already swapped it once and don't want to again. Help!

By katy.m22

Answers

Best Answer

I would suggest lining the straps that come into contact with your blouse with a fabric such as denim or fleece. Just cut strips the same width as the straps and use fabric glue to glue the strips to the straps.