OtherRepair

Hair Irons Stopped Heating Up

This morning my flat iron stopped heating up but the light still goes on. Then, this evening my curling iron has done the same thing. Now both of them do not work on any outlet in the house. Only the light turns on. Why would this happened? Help.

deebassi

Since it was both of them in a short period of time I am assuming you had a power surge that fried the heating elements :-( You're outlet might be faulty or over loaded :-(

I have the same problem with a relatively new iron. I think it may be caused by hair spray build-up. Sometimes I use hairspray to set a curl while I am doing my whole head. Before I throw mine out I think I will try to remove the hairspray from all those nooks and crannies on the iron. Just a thought!