"Bunny Special" Recipe

This simple but delicious recipe was started by my grandparents, and we all love it. They named it "Bunny Special" why I never asked, maybe someone can tell me! lol

• 2 cans pork and beans
  • 6 slices of bacon
  • 1 large green pepper cut up small

Cut bacon into small pieces and fry slowly. When cooked, add the pepper and pork and beans and simmer till peppers are soft.

Everyone loves it. When we take it as a dish to other's house, they all ask for the recipe.

This is a basic recipe with things that I usually have on hand. I'm going to try it some night when I can't figure out what side dish to make. Thanks!

I'm guessing that your grandparents had the same kind of goofy humor going for them that my husband and I do. We often come up with silly "inside joke" names for things that we rarely share with outsiders. My thought is that they noticed the similarity in shape of the beans and the little deposits a bunny will leave in his cage! Hence the name "Bunny Special"! Works for me! I will think of them and smile every time I serve a similar dish!

Food and Recipes Recipes Cheap MealsSeptember 22, 2006
Ingredient Substitutions
Common Ingredient Substitutions
Recipe Cards
Using Recipe Cards
preparing a recipe
Converting the Size of a Recipe
Welbilt Bread Maker
Finding Welbilt Bread Maker Recipe Books