Removing Hair Without Shaving or Waxing

There are alternative methods for removing hair on your legs that don't involve shaving or waxing. This is a guide about removing hair without shaving or waxing.

August 12, 2005 Flag

Every girl at my school shaves their legs and I'm not allowed to! I've asked my mom, tried to make a deal, even asked my dad! I have alot of hair on my legs! Is there a way to keep the hair from growing on my legs or to get rid of the hair without shaving or waxing?

Thanks,
Ana

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I think some clearer communication between you and your parents is needed here. It won't be easy, but if you can sit down with them and talk about the topic CALMLY and WITHOUT DEFENSIVENESS, it would help greatly.

Try to find out exactly what it is that they object to. Is it the process of shaving (or waxing) itself that they object to? If so, ask why. Are they afraid you will cut or burn yourself?

Or perhaps they object to the idea of changing your body just to fit the fashion?

Or maybe they feel that they would be losing their "baby" by facing the fact that you are old enough to start developing body hair?

One of the most helpful suggestions I can give you about better communication, is to paraphrase what the other person is saying. Don't just parrot the exact words back to them. Instead, restate their point of view in different words, or maybe ask questions about what they just said. In this way, they will feel as if you have really heard them and are thinking about and understand their viewpoint. Doing this can prevent a lot of defensiveness that comes from you just arguing your point, and them arguing theirs. Neither side feels listened to. And as a parent myself, I know that I am not willing to discuss an issue unless my child acts responsibly enough to listen to me also.

Please don't go against your parents' wishes. But by truly understanding the WHYs of their decision, perhaps you can present counterarguments to convince them to change their mind. And I agree with Barb that after you talk with your parents and understand their decision, if they still say no, perhaps you could talk it over with another adult and have him/her be your advocate.

Best wishes!

there are different products that you just leave on your leg then rinse off with out shaving or waxing

I am in 6th grade and have been shaving for about 8months. I started in 5th grade. But I feel your pain. I had the hairiest legs ever, when i was in 4th grade so i had to wait almost a year!

How i got my mom to cave was this, find out the names of all the people your age who shave and tell your mom. the more people the more likely. But DO NOT PUSH TO HARD. your mom will think ur immature and you'll b hairy 4 the rest of ur life! If that doesn't help rub a shaving gel on your legs while in the shower, then rub with a coarse loofah! it works pretty well.

I see a lot of comments about Veet or Nair....I used to use them both in High School. They both work great but be careful when using them. Follow the directions before applying them to your skin. Especially if you have sensitive skin like me!! I didn't actually start shaving with a razor until my freshmen year of High School. I kept cutting my legs though. If you have this problem, try using lotion or conditioner. I've recently started shaving my legs with shower gel and I haven't cut myself sense.

I have the same problem, most of my friends do it and their mums just bought them razors and said they are for your legs. I asked my mum and she said no. I am going on holiday and really do not want to were the clothes I have got because my legs are to hairy. I just scrubbed my legs really hard with soap and wash of with a loofa it kinda works. I am thinking of bringing the subject back up again. Maybe I could use veet this time. Just keep asking and you will hopefully get somewhere. God bless, Becca

GOOD LUCK!

My little sister seems to have this problem. She's 9. She had to start shaving her legs last week because her leg hair was rubbing against her sheets and keeping her awake at night and hurting. I would hope that any mom would allow even a young girl to shave their legs if they *thought* it was causing them pain. I know my sister isn't lying about the hair bothering her. Painful leg hair is a real thing. I don't have super hairy legs like my little sister, but I have to wax or the stubble starts rubbing on my sheets or pants and it causes irritation and mild pain. I'm 27, though. Waxing is probably not for the very young or the faint of heart. I don't think I started shaving until I was 16, round about. My hairs always been really light and it didn't matter much.

Try bleaching it.

Ok so you maybe over this but what you can do is:

1) wash and scrub your legs hard enough to soften leg hair

2) put conditioner on your legs for about 5 minutes to soften

3) rinse it off and scrub again some should come off not all

4) if you have any kind off hair removal cream use it

5) if not repeat 1-3 again and every time your hair darts to grow back

Hope it helps :) It works for me.

Oh my gosh im 14 and i have exactly the same problem and i see boys and girls always looking at the hair on my legs! My mom objects to creams, shaving, waxing, and just about everything else ive suggested!! Can somebody gelp me out with something she wont say no to?!?!

So I'm 14 and my mom doesn't let me shave... So I resort to plucking. It is time consuming so I do it weeks before summer so by then my legs are hair free! It does hurt a bit but I consider it my only option

Try putting flour on your legs and rubbing the excess of, it makes the hairs less visible.

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips RemovalJanuary 5, 2017
A pink razor.
Shaving Your Bikini Area
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Homemade Shave Cream
Homemade Shaving Cream Recipes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 19, 2017 at 5:40:44 AM on 10.0.0.16 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.