Refurbished Easy Chair Using Latex Paint!

Turn a dirty old chair into a favorite easily with simple paint! I did this chair in an evening and it was terrible looking, but the sturdy well built condition made it worth lugging home!

I am offering before and after pics to show you what a little paint can fix!

By melody_yesterday from Sedalia, MO

Tell me exactly what type of paint and whether you mixed it with water or used it straight out of the can. I've heard of painting fabric and would love to know more about it. I have a chair I would like to paint because I haven't the money to recover.

what a great transformation. I never knew this was possible

I would also like to know how to do this.

And, is the final result like haveing a leather or vinyl piece that will make one sweat?

you can do this with acrylic paint but you need to add textile medium to turn it into fabric paint.

Zig

What is textile medium and where do you get it?

Thanks, April

Wow! It looks great, and better than the cheap "new" furniture that's out there. Awesome.

Can you tell me about the cute accent pillow? It looks handcrafted.

I'd really like to paint my loveseat hide-a-bed. It is a soft blue with small floral. Where exactly do you go to get this paint. Will a paint store know. Thanks for a great idea. Throws and sheets are such a hassle! Will this paint rub off over time?Body heat and such.

Thanks! Anyone welcome to respond.

Jennifer CA

I would love to do a chair I have and hope it turns out as good as yours. What type of paint should I use and how did you apply?

Great pix, great transformation! So..how did you do it? Does it have to be sealed? Is the material stiff now? Can it crack or wear off in time? Please let us know about this intriqing DIY project

Great job! Please let us know what kind of paint you used, and how it feels to the touch etc. as soon as you can. Thanks for sharing your project. I have a chair that desperately needs help. Maybe this would work.

This sounds like a really great idea ! I have an old chair that I'd like to try it on. Do you use just ordinary latex paint out of the can? And how does it feel when it's done? Does it crack and peel after time of using?

I can't believe how good the chair looks, never would I have thought of painting fabric. Quick question before I start spray painting my furniture. How do you keep the fabric from getting hard and crusty-like? I really gotta know so I can do this at home. Thanks so much for this tip.

Wal-Mart sells fabric paint in their paint dept. in spray cans. I painted a chair with it. The colors are limited however. Paint did make the velour chair a little bit stiff.

Upholstered Chair
Dyeing Upholstery Fabric
Home and Garden Repair Furniture ChairsJuly 23, 2008
Recycled wooden chair planter.
Making a Chair Planter
Office chair with lime green cushions.
Fixing a Squeaky Office Chair
couple painting
How Can You Tell if Paint is Oil or Latex?
Latex Paint
Applying Latex Paint Over Oil Paint
🎉
🎄