Line Compost Bucket with Newspaper

I have started a compost pile. Since it is far from the house, I have an ice cream bucket that I use for my daily scraps. To keep it from getting so messy when I empty it, I line it with newspapers or paper ads from the mail. The paper absorbs the liquids and everything comes out of the bucket when it is emptied.

By dizzee from Woodstock, IL

This seems like such a good idea. I'm going to try it immediately. Nothing is messier than kitchen compost that won't come out of the pail! Thanks for the tip.

I like this idea and want to add to it. I keep a coffee can with its plastic top in the kitchen and dump egg shells, coffee grounds, the peelings from carrots, celery, potatoes and bananas in it. When it's full, I empty it in the compost bin.

Compost Bucket Ideas
Compost Bucket Ideas
Home and Garden Gardening CompostingJanuary 11, 2011
Plastic Newspaper Bag
Uses for Plastic Newspaper Bags
Newspaper Nail Art
Newspaper Nail Art
Making a Tuna Can Trick-Or-Treat Bucket
Making a Tuna Can Trick-Or-Treat Bucket
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
🎉
🎄