Browsing: Making a Flower Shirt

Feminine Flowered T-Shirt

Ruffles and flowers are so big this spring so I thought I would make my own designer looking shirt. I bought this t-shirt. You can either make your own or buy one to embellish. These flowers are made from different size circles and sewn on the t-shirt.

Pink and white flowers.

Approximate Time: 2 hours

• t-shirt
  • approximately 1/4 yd of thin polyester fabric in color to match or contrast with t-shirt
  • sewing thread
  • beads
  • fabric glue
  • hand sewing needles
  • candle
  • tweezers

Instructions:

1. Cut different size circles out using objects around your house as a pattern. My largest size was 2-1/2 inches and the smallest 1 inch.
  2. After you have several cut out, set your candle on a paper plate and light it. Holding a piece of the fabric in your tweezers, hold it just above the flame, made 1/2 inch, and pull it away when it starts to melt.
  3. Melting polyester fabric.

4. Turn the circle till all edges are curled in the shape of petals.
  5. After you have them all done, stack with the largest on the bottom and smallest on the top.
  6. Tack them together with thread and needles. Using fabric glue, glue pearls or other stones in the center and let dry overnight.
  7. Closeup of pink flowers.

8. Then you can either sew them on the t-shirt or use fabric glue to glue them on.
  9. I chose to sew them on in case I would ever want them off for any reason. It doesn't take a lot to sew them on, just tack them in the center and a little above the center so they don't flop downward.
  10. Green tee with flowers around neckline. flowers near neckline.

Note: Make sure the fabric you use to make the flowers in polyester or otherwise it won't melt properly.

Also, please don't do this in front of any small children and give them any ideas about playing with fire.

By Elaine from Belle Plaine, IA

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Great idea, thanks for sharing.

What a fun idea, can't wait to try this. Thank you for sharing this.

Love it! Thanks.

Very beautiful! Love it!

Flower Shirt
Making a Flower Shirt
Crafts ClothingApril 28, 2011
Organizing Feminine Hygiene Products
Organizing Feminine Hygiene Products
clogged toilet
Fixing a Toilet Clogged By Feminine Pads
Feminine Hygiene Products
Saving Money on Feminine Hygiene Products
tampons
Disposing of Feminine Personal Hygiene Products
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 3:49:39 AM on 10.0.2.241 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.