Use Pencil Eraser For Earring Back

Lose an earring back while at work? Cut the top off of a pencil eraser and use that to hold your earring in place. They work especially well on heavy earrings and you won't risk losing the earring too. I've used this trick many times and it hasn't failed me yet.

By Patti from Gulfport, MS

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

July 26, 2012 Flag

Erasers for Lost Earring BacksI am always losing the backs to my earrings so when I found this tip, I tried it. It's a great idea. Cut a little piece of an eraser and use as an earring back. It works great in a pinch.

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 5, 2010 Flag

I keep brand new pencils at my desk with unused erasers. There have been so many times that I have lost the backing to an earring, that I came up with the idea to slice off the eraser and use it as a "backing" for the pierced earring. The pencil then can have one of those slip-on erasers added to replace the one cut off.

By JoAn

Home and Garden Repair Other JewelryFebruary 5, 2010
Pencil
Reviving Dried Pencil Erasers
Uses for Pencil Erasers
Uses for Pencil Erasers
Glass frog pencil holders.
Unique Pencil Holders
Removing Graphite (or Pencil) Stains from Clothing
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 11:16:16 AM on 10.0.1.65 in 603 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.