Use Pencil Eraser For Earring Back

Lose an earring back while at work? Cut the top off of a pencil eraser and use that to hold your earring in place. They work especially well on heavy earrings and you won't risk losing the earring too. I've used this trick many times and it hasn't failed me yet.

By Patti from Gulfport, MS

July 26, 2012 Flag

I am always losing the backs to my earrings so when I found this tip, I tried it. It's a great idea. Cut a little piece of an eraser and use as an earring back. It works great in a pinch.

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

What a great idea. It's people like you that make this website so helpful. Thank you.

February 5, 2010 Flag

I keep brand new pencils at my desk with unused erasers. There have been so many times that I have lost the backing to an earring, that I came up with the idea to slice off the eraser and use it as a "backing" for the pierced earring. The pencil then can have one of those slip-on erasers added to replace the one cut off.

By JoAn

Home and Garden Repair Other JewelryFebruary 5, 2010
Reviving Dried Pencil Erasers
Uses for Pencil Erasers
Uses for Pencil Erasers
Glass frog pencil holders.
Unique Pencil Holders
Removing Graphite (or Pencil) Stains from Clothing