Use Pencil Eraser For Earring Back

Lose an earring back while at work? Cut the top off of a pencil eraser and use that to hold your earring in place. They work especially well on heavy earrings and you won't risk losing the earring too. I've used this trick many times and it hasn't failed me yet.

By Patti from Gulfport, MS

Solutions: Use Pencil Eraser For Earring Back

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Erasers for Lost Earring Backs

Erasers for Lost Earring BacksI am always losing the backs to my earrings so when I found this tip, I tried it. It's a great idea. Cut a little piece of an eraser and use as an earring back. It works great in a pinch.

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the comments that were provided then.

Archive: Lost the Backs to Your Earrings?

I keep brand new pencils at my desk with unused erasers. There have been so many times that I have lost the backing to an earring, that I came up with the idea to slice off the eraser and use it as a "backing" for the pierced earring. The pencil then can have one of those slip-on erasers added to replace the one cut off.

By JoAn