Repair AdviceCars

Use Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to Remove Paint Transfer

My husband went ballistic when he saw a scrape on my car bumper. My grandkids ride their bikes, etc. and he just knew someone had "nicked" the paint on the bumper. I took a tiny bit of a Mr. Clean sponge (the clean-the-marks kind) and gently scrubbed the "nick". It was gone in no time, and not a trace of anything remained. Disaster averted. Even got rid of a few more that looked like nicks!

By Linda from Ashdown, AR

Top Comment

Back when I was with my first husband, I grazed the side of the garage with the door of our car and I heard about it for weeks. One evening when he was not around, I took rubbing compound and rubbed the scratches out and you could not ever tell they had been there. He never said a word to me about it. Six months later he totaled the car.

I've used Magic Eraser for tree sap on my older cars and it works wonders!

Top Comment

Hi: living in Hawaii with a white refrigerator isn't easy, but Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser also keeps it like new. As you've used it for your car it's also good for white refrigerators too.

It's great that the eraser does all sorts of things that keeps our family in harmony and gives us an easy way to keep our home sparkling-terrific isn't it!

I love that eraser and use it all the time. I use it mostly on my glass stove top but had not thought of using it on the car finish. Thanks for the tip. I will try this out on a scrape I received in a parking lot. Too bad it doesn't work on the dents. LOL

I use Mr. Clean Magic Erasers all the time. Never thought to use it on car scuffs. Can't wait to use this tip. Thanx from Nema.

I have gradually replaced the other cleansers with the magic eraser. Thanks for sharing a very good tip.