Essential Oil for Homemade Detergent

I use homemade detergent and I am wanting to buy an essential oil to smell it up some. I would really like a "fresh" and "clean" type scent. Does anyone have any idea what essential oils would be best? Even, if it isn't "clean/fresh" smelling, any ideas would be welcomed, please.

By Heather C.

I add 1 cup Gain fabric softener in mine after it is cool and whisk it into the container of detergent. It works good and smells nice, too.

I use vinegar in the softener dispense and sometimes mix essential oil in with it. The vinegar smell dissipates but the lovely smell of the oil remains. I never use fabric softener sheets in the dryer as it clogs up your lint filter.

Pat

Line drying in the open air gives garments the best fresh air clean smell that I know.

I have always been a faithful Gain products user but then I recently discovered the new "Tide Stain Release" tablets (small packages) that you can add to your own detergent! Wow! This is an awesome product! It gets out all the stains first time and I love the way it smells, too! It comes in a bag that has 10 pre-wrapped "tablets", just pop into your wash with warm water, add detergent, add clothes. You can then add fabric softener, too, in your wash (I use the Gain). My laundry stays fresh-smelling for weeks when the clothes are put away.

It sells for about $4 a bag, but there are coupons in the paper and if you're on Facebook, go to the "TIDE" page and click "Like": they often have free giveaways of this product. My whole family received them in the mail plus coupons! I recommend this product to anyone! My whites came out so bright (after being yellowy from sitting around). They look brand new.

Try citrus (lemon) essential oil or "eucalyptus" or "pepper mint", lavender, each of them smell fresh and above all are antiseptic.

I love using white vinegar too! For scents, you can use lavender, tea tree, eucalyptus, mint, lemon all are fresh smelling!

Lavender, lemon or orange smell nice and fresh. :-)

Adding a Scent to Laundry Detergent
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply Recipes Laundry RecipesJune 26, 2011
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
Wheelbarrow Flower Decoration
Crafts Using Laundry Detergent Scoops
🎉
🎄