Birthday Goody Bags for 35-40 Kids

I need some good ideas for favors for my son's first birthday (July 2007). We are doing an animal theme. I found the invites on sale for $1.00 at Walmart. It will be a barbecue at our house with a jumper and face painting (my mom is doing the face painting). We are making the pinata and we'll have the kids decorate their own cupcakes. We'll order a whole bunch of mutli-colored balloons with little color animals printed off the internet attached by ribbon to hang all over. Nothing fancy. The only area I'm having a little difficulty with is favors.

We will have 35-40 children (DH and I both have huge families). I found white craft bags on sale at Walmart but have no idea what to do for favors. The kids coming range in age from newborn to preteen. Any ideas? I am trying to keep each goody bag under $1.50.

Misty from Antelope Valley, CA

Maybe instead of favors you could get some inexpensive plain frames from the craft store, they usually come in packages of 3 or 5 and are unfinished wood or paper mache' You could also get some animal foamies (small foam stickers with animal shapes and designs) and small stickers ect. Have each child maybe in groups, decorate their frames and have someone with a digital camera and printer take their picture at the party. That way they have a more lasting memory instead of candy and toys. Good luck and I hope your child has a happy birthday!

Are you sure you want that many kids of differing ages at one time? Maybe you should have at least two different parties? I can't imagine that they will all have a good time with that many people. That being said, a piece of fruit, a small book, some penny candy or homemade candy, a bookmark, a rubber ball, or homemade soft ball or beanbag, a pencil, a small pack of crayons, one whimsically shaped crayon or piece of sidewalk chalk, hair ribbons for the girls, army, firemen, or cowboy figures, a pack of seeds small clay pot. Most things can be purchased at a dollar store or at www.sciplus.com

Before visiting this site (and others) in recent years, I never realized that party lootbags had to contain any more than a slice of the birthday cake and some candies/lollies to take home. Maybe that's just a U.K. thing? It sure made life a lot easier and less expensive :)

Thank you for all your suggestions. I love the frames and photos one!

Animal crackers would work great stays in theme and very inexpensive.

With the variety of ages cruising the dollar store is a must.Also visit stores the day after Easter, and perhaps you'll find some good bargains. The craft stores may have thing then too that you could adapt for all ages; lip gloss, novelty gums, hair decorations, stickers, candy, snack bags, pencil's pens. After Easter is a good time to pick up what is not sold before, K-marts, and Walmart have 75 percent off sometimes.

Go to Oriental Trading Supply.com for lots of inexpensive candies, toys and paper goods for birthday parties, PLUS a lot of different stuff too like Halloween costumes all very inexpensive. I use them all of the time for different things.

Try it out - your will be a happy camper when see what they offer and how cheaply they offer it to the public too!

GOOD LUCK!

Look at the dollar tree,and don't just rely on the packages of "party favors", go to the toys and sometimes you may find multi packs of different items. Maybe a pack with 20 high bounce balls for example. Glow jewelry make good favors, and since you're going with an animal theme, how about buying the large packs of plastic farm or jungle animals and putting one or two in each bag? I also used to buy sheets of stickers and cut out the individual stickers and put a few of them in each bag; the same goes for those temporary tatoos. Just look around, there are lots of great ideas out there.

Good news I found a package of 58 candy filled eggs in different colors at Walmart for $10.00, so I'll do those and then some stickers and a little toy or two. Thank you all so much for your help!

Birthday Goody Bags
Birthday Goody Bag Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties Party FavorsMarch 11, 2008
Oranges in Mesh Bag
Uses for Mesh Orange Bags
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags, Coins in Zip-Lock Bag
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags
Air Filled Packing Bag
Uses for Air Filled Packing Bags
Gift bag made out of a sugar bag craft
Craft Uses for Sugar Bags
🎉
🎄