Looking for Inexpensive, Safe Childcare

We need extra money so I am going to need to go back to work. I found a job that will likely have me working similar hours as my husband. Anyone have some childcare tips? Its looking quite expensive at the moment.

Thanks

Tammy in SC

By guest client (Guest Post)

Where are you in SC I just moved to Greenville and are looking for stay at home work. my email is dhwilliamsiii@yahoo.com

By guest client (Guest Post)

Tammy,

When considering childcare, the best advice that I can share is listen to your instincts. If it doesn't feel right, it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. If you are considering in-home care, be sure to check each individual out carefully. If they have pets, ask if the pets will be around the children. If you are considering a daycare center, again, check out the people who work there. Check out the center with the BBB, the Chamber of Commerce and most importantly, check it out with the other parents. You can find really good daycares or in-home providers at reasonable rates. Again, if it looks too good or sounds too good, then it probably is too good and not a good suggestion to go with. If your child doesn't like being there and cries everytime you drop them off or even if you just drive by, then there is something wrong and don't go back. I can speak from experience that what I thought was a good center turned out to be a nightmare for my child. He cried when we dropped him off and even when we just drove by the center. I then put him in a in-home child care center and the first day he was there, the lady's family dog bit him on the face causing facial disfigurement for the rest of his life. My son was lucky that the bite only left a scar on his cheek which can't be really seen and also one by his lower cheek. And when he smiles, he now has a dimple. So, please as one mother to another, use caution, listen to your motherly instincts and trust your children. After that ordeal, I went into the business of having my own daycare center. My children under my care became a part of my family, as well as their parents. I fully involved the parents in everything their child did. And in the end, when it was time to leave, it was hard for all of us to say "good-bye". I wish you lots of luck. Email me @ mississippi33@hotmail.com and let me know how things are going in finding a provider for your child. Aloha from Hawaii.

I am a single mom and I have found it very very hard to get good child care. I have had bad babysitters who put me thru alot of STRESS. I had a in home babysitter who STOLE my IDENTITY. YES. 18 year old girl. HER mother also called CPS on me because I FIRED her for stealing.

Just a thought. GET online and do a BACKGROUND check.

I am a childcare provider myself. But never got into it seriously.

I found a job just in time.

I am fingerprinted thru the POLICE dept. and also

have ADULT and INFANT CPR training.

I have found that people also want MONEY PAID up front.

I DON'T write checks, unless it is a STATE certified company.

I carry a receipt book from any MAIL BOX store.

I paid same day and get a receipt for my records.

With all of my experience and working nights and weekends.

MY LESSON I SHARE with everyone. DO A BACKGROUND check.

YOUR CHILDREN ARE PRICELESS. NO ONE cares for them like you do when you are with them.

GOOD LUCK.

if you have any questions where to get information,

you can email me directly:

chasimam@yahoo.com

Does anyone know of any good daycares here, in the bay (925) area? I need to go back to work, but I am worried about leaving my child with people I hardly know anything about...people that may or may not abuse/neglect my child. Help!

Hi, I'm jill and I run jilliejellies daycare out of my home in simpsonville SC I only keep babies 4 wks to 24mo. not sure of the age of your child but if interusted contact me anytime day or night weekends does'nt matter 313-8116 or email me at jilliejellie@yahoo.com thanks Jill

There is a good article on finding a babysitter that has a lot of good tips here:

http://www.babi … ou-need-to-know/

Check out this new website http://DaycareTrade.com Tell your friends about it too. The more people who know about the site, the more likely we are to find the right person to trade daycare with. I'm searching too.