Solo Cup Doll Lamp with Instructions

By Madeline 5 2

contest winner icon

Here is a Solo cup doll lamp or night light. This lamp is made with clear Solo drinking cups, a craft doll, and clear Christmas tree lights.

We wrote Madeline to ask her to post instructions for her Solo Cup Doll. She kindly sent in more pictures and instructions.

Supplies

Instructions

First Row

1. The first row takes 12 cups. Poke a hole in bottom of cup, then cut a criss cross where you poked your hole. This is where you will insert your lights later on. Do this to all 12 cups.
  2. Punch a hole in the side of the cups, at the top rim.
  3. Join your first cup to the second cup at the rim with a piece of pipe cleaner. Twist very tightly then bend back into the cup.
  4. Punch a hole on the other side of second cup directly opposite of the other hole. (note) Do this around for the remaining cups.
  5. Hot glue the cups at the bottom rim as you go to help stabilize them. Set this row aside.

Second Row

1. Second row takes 9 cups; do them the same as the first row, this row will sort of bend in, it is OK that is what you want it to do.
  2. Set second row on top of first row of cups, where the cups meet punch a hole and secure with pipe cleaner.
  3. Then hot glue where the first row comes in contact with second row.

Third Row

1. Third row you will need 4 cups (note.) Now this is different. You need to secure each cup one at a time, until all cups are secured very tightly where it meets. This will draw each cup tight so it fits into the second row.
  2. Flip your ball over and hot glue each cup, at the top row.
  3. Take sting of lights, and start threading 4 lights per cup, starting at the top of the ball. If your string of lights has a connecter plug, you can plug in a small air fresher. Poke four lights per cup all around until you reach the bottom of the cups.
  4. Take the legs off the doll and hot glue the body piece at the hips in between the four top cups.
  5. Now dress the doll as you wish, starting with the top part of the doll.
    Measurements of the skirt is 50 inches around. The measurement from the top part of the skirt too the bottom is 12 inches.
  6. Now decorate your lamp as you want.

This is what the base of the inside of the doll looks like.

Cup base. Full view of the doll lamp completed. Close up of doll's face. Close up of dress detail. View of back of doll. View of back of doll in pink dress. Front view of doll in pink dress.

This is my second doll that I have made.

By Madeline from AL

Showing: Comments Sort

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Do youhave directions on how to put the lamp together. It's very pretty

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Susan 4 36 Flag

Hi, this is very pretty. Would you mind sharing directions on how to put the doll lamp together? This would be a nice gift for my grandaughters. Thankyou Susan

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Annie Rios Hill 14 1,776 Flag

how pretty!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Jackie 10 Flag

Hi Madeline,how very pretty.How did you do this and would you share your directions? Me and my daughters love to do crafts and one has a part time store that sells crafts.We are always trying new things.Thanksgiving & Christmas was so much fun.Thank you for sharing this with all of us at Thrifty

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

its wonderful could you share the directions on how to make it i am handicapped but think i could make this for both my grand daughters and one for myself you did a wonderful job on it i love it thanks

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Clare 35 Flag

This is wonderful! I'd also like to know how you did it!

:)Mom2fur

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Cindy Kosloski 3 58 Flag

How cute, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to know how to make these, just found I am going to have my First Granddaughter ( first time being a Grandma),

Grandma would love to make her one,

if you are will to share, on how to make them,

Cindy ( first time Grandma, coming in May)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

ok ladys , I will post them as soon as I can . They are quite long . and I just have them in my head.

I havent done anything like this before so bare with me ok . Thanks for all the compliments , Madeline

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Please share your way to construct doll lamp. It is beautiful.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Lisa 2 4 Flag

Please share how to construct doll. It's lovely.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Clare 35 Flag

Thanks for the instructions! :)Mom2fur

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Stacey Silva 54 466 Flag

those are absolutely beautiful!!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

i agree it's unique love to make one to. always looking for something diffrent. we only have one of each type of doll. would like to add this one.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Beautiful doll lamps. My Mom used to make the solo cups with the lights into whole ball shape and hang them around the lanai in the evenings. I liked the plain clear lights but they were also pretty in multicolour.""""

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By jdelosh 1 Flag

How do I print this pattern?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Esther C. 2 20 Flag

So neat. I crochet the air freshener dolls and wondering if I could do this to mine. Thanks for posting this great idea.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Crafts Toys DollmakingFebruary 2, 2006
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Photos of wine bottle lamps with decorations.
Making a Wine Bottle Lamp
Teapot Lamp
Making a Teapot Lamp
Uses for an Old Lamp, Old Lamp with Red Shade
Uses for an Old Lamp
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 10:00:12 AM on 10.0.2.70 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings