How to Make a Recycled Noodle Cup Lamp
Decorate a recycled instant noodle cup and invert it over a recycled and decorated bottle to create a unique lamp. This is a guide about how to make a recycled noodle cup lamp.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
The best thing with cup noodles is that the containers are recyclable. You can use it in organizing your work desk. It can be a pen stand or you can put tiny things there that can mess up your table. Aside from using it as an organizer I created something different. Something that gives a better use for recycled noodle cups.
- 1 noodle cup
- 1 empty bottle - glass (plastic requires weighting)
- 1 battery operated candle
- printable lamp template
- ribbon or anything you can use for decoration
- heavy duty glue
- small piece of thick cardboard
- Make a small hole in the center bottom of your noodle cup.
- I discovered that the lamp template didn't fit the cup so I cut out the figures and stuck them around the cup as decoration.
- Get a piece of thick cardboard and form it into a ring much bigger in size than the candle. Glue it into the center inside the cup. This will hold the cup in place.
- Find an empty bottle and stick the candle into the rim in an upside down position. See attached image.
- Decorate the bottle with ribbon or anything of your desire. You can also use a plastic bottle, but see to it that you add something heavy to make it stand, as plastics are too light.
- Try putting on the cup over the bottle with candle. As you can see the switch can be easily seen and touched through the hole of the cup. You can turn it on and off without putting away the cup.
- Turn it on whether your main light is on or use it as dimlight while you sleep.
May 2, 20170 found this helpful
I love it!! So cute...
May 2, 20171 found this helpful
I'm glad you liked it... try it yourself..very useful