Adjusting Stitches to Change the Size of an Oval Crochet Rug

How do I adjust stitches on oval crocheted rugs to change size? Thank you for all the feed back, but I think I didn't ask the question correctly. Someone had told me a formula that I can't remember. The original chain is what determined the size of the finished rug. Or does the original chain size not matter?

By Debbie from Competition, MO

The simple way is just to change size of hook. If you are wanting a way larger rug size, double up on the yarn and use one of the larger hooks like a P or Q. Doubling the yarn can really make a difference in the look unless using the same yarn. Either way, you can create a great look.

Dee

However long you would like the rug plus two. In other words chain the length you would like plus two. Also increase in different spots so it won't be noticeable.

There are 3 ways I can think of:

I would change hook size. Smaller hook=smaller rug, larger hook=larger rug.

Add or subtract the number of stitches.

Or, to make it larger, use 2 strands of yarn.

Crafts CrochetFebruary 26, 2011
Girl wearing a knitted hat.
Making a Hat With an Oval Loom
Filet Crochet Heart
Filet Crochet Heart Pattern
ornamental rug
Removing Rug Dye from Carpet
🎄
🍂