Making an Oval Embroidery Hoop Wreath

0
Share
Save
Follow
Print

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 969 Posts

finished wreathI went looking today for a rattan or foam wreath at the local thrift store. I think what I found is much better. With some stuff I had and cool things I found, I was able to come up with this. The best thing about it was there is no other like it and I brought it in for under 5.00!

Total Time: 1 hour

• 1 oval or round large embroidery hoop ($.99)
  • 2 oz fall colored yarn ($.50)
  • 3 yd burlap ($1.00)
  • 3 oz fall foliage (faux from a thrift or dollar store) ($.50)
  • 3 oz fall potpourri ($.25)
  • 1 Spool wire edged ribbon ($.10)
  • 1 Bag embellishment ($1.25)
  • 1 hot glue gun ($.05)
  • 1 scissors/wire cutters ($0)
  • 1 crochet hook/size J or K ($0)
Oval Embroidery Hoop Wreath

1. With your hot glue gun heated up, unroll the roll of burlap and glue/wrap it around the hoop. The rolls are about 9 feet and I suggest you cut it in half length wise so you don't run out like I almost did.
  2. Oval Embroidery Hoop Wreath

3. With your hook and two strands of your favorite fall colored yarn, chain enough to wrap around the burlap. Your amount will vary depending on the size you get.
  4. Oval Embroidery Hoop Wreath

5. Next, take your glue gun and choose the biggest pieces of potpourri to glue along the bottom. Leave them pressed onto the frame about 30-40 seconds. For durability, they should bond to the wood itself through the burlap.
  6. Oval Embroidery Hoop Wreath

7. For the last step, hot glue on the leaves. You will want to clip them off the stems and even clip off the stems from the leaves themselves. This will give you a wider base for the glue.
  8. Oval Embroidery Hoop Wreath

9. Add your ribbon and embellishments and you are done. This is for a friend who loves butterflies so you might want to make one for someone who likes dragonflies, flowers, ladybugs, or anything that can be found in a faux style. Or make one that you love and keep it. N-JOY!!
  10. Advertisement

In These Pages
Crafts Home Decor DecorationsNovember 30, 2016
🎆
🌻
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-an-Oval-Embroidery-Hoop-Wreath.html