Making an Autumn Stick Wreath
Crafts made from nature are inexpensive as well as unique. This is a page about making an autumn stick wreath
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
September 26, 2012
This is a fun project that your kids can help out with. It is made from materials around your home and yard. It's perfect for fall!
Approximate Time: an autumn afternoon
- lots of sticks
- hot glue gun and lots of glue sticks
- brown paper bag or something to wrap your cardboard in
- fabric scraps cut into strips
- Have your kiddos help you with the stick hunting. You need "a lot" of sticks!
- Break your sticks into various lengths. They can be all similar or have a few longer like mine.
- Cut a hoop out of an old cardboard box using a medium sized mixing bowl and a smaller bowl for tracing.
- Cover your hoop in brown paper bag or burlap or anything you want.
- Hot glue the sticks around the cardboard hoop. It takes tons of sticks and tons of glue. It does not have to be perfect.
- Use some fabric scraps to make some pretty twisted fabric flowers and glue onto your wreath.
- Hang with another strip of fabric, glued to the back.
By Shawna G. from Ann Arbor, MI