Banana Peel Disposal

If left too long, banana peels product fruit flies. After taking the peel off the banana, I put it in the plastic sleeve my newspaper comes in and tie it in a knot. Works fine until trash pickup.

By Bill from St. Charles, MO

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Got a garden? Toss those banana peels in there! The plants love the potassium! I always put a banana peel in my hanging ferns. Happy, happy!

Roses really love them and they repel aphids.

If you want them to decompose faster, run them through your blender, then add them to your garden or composting area.

Pookarina

In the spring and summer, I dig a whole around my roses and lay the peel down and cover with dirt and water it in. The roses love this.

Comment

Upclose photo of a fruit fly.
Preventing Fruit Flies
Food and Recipes Food Tips FruitFebruary 24, 2011
Two avocados, one cut in half with the seed inside.
Peeling an Avocado
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer), Man's hands holding a power screwdriver to a garbage disposal.
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer)
Celery and Banana Going into Garbage Disposal
Cleaning a Garbage Disposal
Sliced banana bread on a cutting board.
Freezing Banana Bread
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 13, 2016 at 10:26:51 AM on 10.0.0.131 in 281 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.