Keep Laptop From Overheating

Laptops get warm and can overheat. To ventilate our laptop, I am propping it up off the table with old corks! I have taped 2 together for the hot side and use one on the other side. It lifts the laptop just enough above the bottom surface to provide ventilation, and help to keep it cool. Another use for those old corks I keep saving!

By pamphyila from LA, CA

They make inexpensive ventilated pads with fans in them that cool the lap top. I strongly recomend investing in one instead of trying to cool it yourself. Your computer will last longer.

Great idea! I put mine on a cookie cooling rack from the kitchen. It was the first thing I thought of.

In a pinch, if you are using your laptop at a restaurant or Internet cafe, you can put a straw under each side of the laptop. It doesn't raise it up much but it provides more circulation.

Computers TipsApril 1, 2011
Tea spilling on a laptop computer keyboard.
Protect Your Laptop From Spills
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Cleaning a Laptop Keyboard, Photo of a laptop keyboard.
Laptop Computer Tips and Tricks
Black laptop on a white background.
Buying a Laptop