Crackled Cupboard

This old cupboard was in the basement when I bought my house. I thought it had charm because it was made of car siding which happens to be pretty much in vogue. It was a dull brown so I set to revamping it. I decided to crackle it, using hide glue. (Crackling in this manner is an inexact way so you might like to use a kit or crackle medium instead of the glue) It now it has a place in my kitchen by my dining set. I love it now!

By Elaine from IA

Elaine,

I love your cupboard! Nice job and good idea. Thanks for sharing!

I love your cupboard. I really like the primitive/shabby chic decorating. You did a great job. Thank you for sharing with us.

I LOVE your cupboard! Several years ago,I found the below armoire at a garage sale. It was in really bad shape. It had 4 coats of paint...black,brown,white and green.

I refinished it to the way it looks not. I stripped the paint,sanded and rubbed with Tung Oil. It is not stained but the oil bought out the beautiful different woods in it.

It is so pretty and so is your cupboard.

Janiee, your armoire is beautiful! I have refinished lots of good pieces too and it is so satisfying isn't it?

Drool! I love your cupboard!! We have similar taste and I love how you decorated the inside too!!!

Car siding?

<b>Editor's Note</b> Looks like railroad box car siding.

Car siding is another word for tongue and groove. This wood has a groove that a smaller edge of the next piece goes into. It makes an amazing finish for walls, floors and such.

You did a great job! Yes, distressed or shabby chic is very popular and easy to do.

PBP

Rustic Kitchen Decor
Kitchen Decor Craft Ideas
Crafts Home Decor KitchenSeptember 29, 2008
Organizing Coffee Mugs
Organizing Coffee Mugs
metal burner covers
Uses for Burner Covers
cute roundish chocolate bunny
Uses for Leftover Holiday Chocolates
🎄
🍂