Uses for Pencil Stubs

By brigittes 11 10

What can I do with pencil stubs? These pencils have been used and sharpened by my 6 year old, until they are too short to write with them (under 2 inches long).

Showing: Answers Sort

By Donna Griffin 16 Flag

Get one of those thick drinking straws that the pencils can fit in and put a few little pencils in them and leave enough room for an eraser to stick out of the top.Wrap a rubber band around the top under the eraser to hold it in place. Then wrap a rubber band around the part that you hold to keep the pencils from sliding out and give your fingers a nice grip too. Now you can keep using the pencils until they run out. Keep the little eraser nubs and put them on the top and use them until they run out also. Peace!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By pam munro 522 790 Flag

They used to have pencil holders that they would put on stubby pencils - maybe you can make up something like one with a cylinder left over from a ballpoint or something similar -

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

If you're a crafty person who does Teacher's Wreaths or crafts,they are probably just the right length to use to help decorate it,also use crayons.I'll try to do one and show what I mean--later.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Mary Lou 14 765 Flag

Sharon has the right idea. I have done picture frames, pencil cups, even magnetic photo frames using short pencils. You can alternated top to bottom for a different effect if you want. Use a good wood glue and sand both the side of the pencil that will be glued to the project and the item you are gluing to to make a "tooth" for the glue to hold best. I use plastic or wood items from my local dollar store for gluing the pencils on to. I even painted the center of an old clipboard with blackboard paint and framed it with a stubby pencil frame and added a picture wire on eye hooks for a hanging note board in my office. Ideas are actually endless. If you know a golfer, they prefer short pencils to fill out score cards.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By susan 8 1,368 Flag

I just tape the two eraser ends together (packing tape) and keep using them.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By brigittes 11 10 Flag

Thanks for the ideas. I would lve to see pictures of the craft ideas, if you have, I am looking out for a cylander that would fir, but I think the packing tape is a nice idea. I might even use different coloured electrical tapes to jazz it up.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Short used pencils.
Uses for Pencil Stubs
Better Living Green Living ReusingJuly 17, 2007
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Short used pencils.
Uses for Pencil Stubs
Uses for Pencil Erasers
Uses for Pencil Erasers
Glass frog pencil holders.
Unique Pencil Holders
Craft Ideas Using Recycled Crayons, Uses for Old Crayons
Craft Ideas Using Recycled Crayons
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:39:32 PM on 10.0.1.8 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings