Can I Dye a Hoodie With Appliques Without Ruining the Designs?

Will redyeing a hoodie that has appliques on it ruin the designs? I bought a zip up black hoodie from Victoria's Secret not too long ago, but unfortunately it is now rather faded. The color now looks weird with other black clothes because of the fading. I want to dye it back to being black, but it has both rhinestones and silver appliques on it and I don't want to destroy those. Will dyeing it ruin the designs?

By Jennie from Tempe, AZ

If the applique is plasticized, the dye shouldn't stick, and the rhinestones won't change color, just don't use anything that would cause the glue to melt.

Consumer Advice Clothing RepairingMarch 22, 2011
Appliques to Furniture
Adding Appliques to Furniture
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub