Memory Basket

Whether or not you are into scrapbooking, you should appreciate this tip. I use a fairly large (12 inch diameter), pretty basket, which sits in my kitchen. When I receive a letter from a friend, thank you, birthday, anniversary, invitation, etc., I drop it in the basket. Likewise, if I go somewhere special, I drop restaurant menus, ticket stubs, other mementos into the basket. Just before Christmas, I empty out the basket, seeing what I want to keep, reliving memories of the year. Some I place in scrapbooks, some I trash, but it is a wonderful way to "walk" through the year and great reminders when you are writing Christmas cards. You will be amazed at all the things you do throughout a year that you forget about. I love my Memory Basket.

By Misty from Hermanville, MS

what a great idea ~ I'm going to start doing this!

Thanks

That is a really cool idea!

God Bless,

Sheila in Titusville, FL

This is such a great idea! You're right...we forget about the things we do and places we go until something triggers the memory. What a cool way to bring a smile at the Holidays...or sooner. Thanks for sharing. I'm gong to start doing this today.

Lucky that you ladies can afford tickets to get stub/ restaurant receipts, etc. I'd have the skinniest scrapbook ever. I'm too busy recycling/repairing during the whole year, and it's getting worse/time sorter, it seems. Should things change, I'll consider

this. I do have a Hallmark "Memory Box", that's new

and full of cards/letters from loved ones, friends, neighbors and acquaintances, but I don't want to place those in a book of any kind, so far. Maybe someday, though. God bless you for the suggestion.

: )

I like this idea.

Stack of Letters
Saving Cards and Letters
Crafts Paper ScrapbookingJuly 13, 2007
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Display Collections In A Memory Box
Making A Memory Box
Simple square block quilt made from vintage fabric.
Making a Memory Quilt
🎉
🎄