Clothing StainsCleaning

Dye From Other Clothing on Blue Jeans

I washed my blue jeans with a red piece of clothing that faded (bled) on them. How do I get this out?

Susan from Asheville

RIT makes dye remover and I found Color-Catcher [prevents stains from dye] sheets well worth the price to save the much more valuable clothing!! Cold water and good ol' sirting helps. But I admit to a few accidental dyings :)

RIT dye remover works great!

I also recommend Rit Dye Remover. And, just a suggestion for the future- red is the least color-fast of all dyes, so always wash a new red garment alone/by hand with a little white vinegar. This will get out the excess dye and will set the color.

I had my brother-in-law to tell me about something called Greased Lightning. I had the same thing to happen to me but I seen it before I put it in the dryer. It also removed a 4year old grease stain that I had in a shirt I did not want to throw away. We have a Dollar General Store down here and that is where I get it for a few dollars. Hope that helps.