How to Fix Dye from Jeans that Transferred to Other Clothing in Wash

The blue dye in jeans is notorious for transferring to other clothing in the wash. It can be difficult to remove especially if the other clothing is not able to be bleached. This is a guide about how to fix dye from jeans that transferred to other clothing in the wash.

My son's new black with a red over wash jeans were washed with my blue jeans and shorts now all have a pink tinge to them. I re-washed them with cold water and they are all still pink. If I boil them with the bleach added as I read here will they all become white? How can I get my blue jeans back to their faded old blue?

Answers

Best Answer

Try to soak the dye clothes for around an hour in 1/2 bucket cold water with white vinegar mixed in it.

I put a white jumper in with jeans by mistake. It came out all blue. How do I get it back to white?

By Gaynor

Answers

Best Answer

I just bought my daughter a white gymnastic's shirt she had to have and I washed it with her jeans and it turned it blue! So momma to the rescue, I mixed half a cup of Gain detergent, I'm sure any brand would work, and a big splash of 70% alcohol I'm sure any % would work and a big splash of white vinegar any brand.

I used Walmart brand and it's pure white again. I washed as normal on a cold or tap cycle and dried it and she does not even know it wa ever blue!

My fiance never separates the darks with the colors. It makes me so mad. Last night he washed my brand new dark pair of jeans with his brand new t-shirts. One is purple and the other is yellow. After taking them out of the dryer and folding them I saw that there are many blue spots all over them, making it look so dirty.

I asked my mother and his father if there was anything I could do to get the stains out of his shirts and they both told me there was nothing I can do, they were ruined. I remember that last year I went on the computer to find a way to get crayons out of clothes, so I decided to go online to search for a way to get rid of these stubborn stains. A lot of people are saying to use the bleach with boiling water method. I'm just afraid to bleach the shirts. Please help! I don't want to throw his shirts away.

By angel from PA

Answers

Best Answer

Try using Shout Color Catcher Sheets, available in the detergent aisle in the supermarket. Wash the shirts by themselves with several sheets. This product has worked for me.

I washed my curtains and forgot I had a pair of black jeans in the washing machine. Now they have gone like a grey colour. How can I get them back to the right colour?

Answers

Best Answer

Try Rit color remover dye (if they were white)

A few of my husband's tall white socks and white under tees were accidentally mixed in with a load of denim. This load contained at least 4 pairs of new dark-wash jeans. He is embarrassed at work for people to see them. They are brand new, so I cannot just trash them. I have tried bleaching the dickens out of them a few times in a few loads of whites. So far- no luck :(

By Carey Ann Stanford S.

Answers

Best Answer

Well, in our house those would become my t-shirts and socks. Keep washing them with the whites and bleach-and line dry them in the sun. It will take a few times, but they will lighten up. You can also speed up the process by using Rite dye remover. Don't use the dryer-heat sets dyes.

I washed new jeans with a silk/cotton sweater, needless to say, there are now stains on the sweater. Any idea on how I can remove them?

By Tiggerlover68 from Pittsburgh, PA

Answers:

Dye from Jeans Transferred to Other Clothing in Wash

Try soaking the silk/cotton sweater in a light mixture of bleach water and when the blue effect is gone, rinse well several times. Or, try using Oxiclean to soak it in again rinsing well. (12/30/2010)

By Myrna

The bleach thing or there's those color remover packets by Rit that they sell at Walmart in the laundry soap isle. I just saw a commercial for these cloths things that you put in the wash to help absorb colors so they don't spread. (12/31/2010)

By cheapasatoothpick

Try washing the sweater by itself with a Shout Color Catcher sheet, available in the detergent aisle of the supermarket. This is one product that really works. (01/01/2011)

By jean leiner