How to Fix Blue Dye Transferred in the Wash

Category Laundry
Sometimes colors can get transferred from one piece of clothing to others in your washing machine. This page has some ideas on how to fix blue dye that has transferred in the wash.

My navy blue shirt ran in the wash, but only on orange colored shirts. How can I remove the blue? They are my hubby's favorite shirts.

Answers

Best Answer

You can try the Rit Color Grabber.

Best Answer

I hope you haven't dried the clothes that were stained because you need to wash them again. You can use Tide Oxi, OXO Brite, OxiClean, or Nellie's All Natural Oxygen Brightener. Just follow the directions on the box or label for how much to add to your wash.

If you use cold water on your machine, you'll need to dissolve the oxygen bleach in warm water before adding it to the washing machine.

I washed a red dress with a pair of black jeans and when I took it out of the washing machine, it had dye all over it. I found the dress a few days ago, not remembering that I needed to get the stain out.

Does anyone have any ideas for me to get it out? I do not remember if it went through the dryer or not. Thank you!

Answers

Best Answer

What is the material of the red dress? You can try non-chlorine (oxygen-based) bleach and cool water.

Best Answer

Rit makes a color catcher. You could try that.

Best Answer

Try using Carbona Color Run Remover.

I washed a pair of white jeans in the washer, after I had just washed a new navy blue load of pants, and the white pair came out light blue. I've since washed the white pair with a combo of Clorox, borax, Tide, vinegar, and a splash of rubbing alcohol. That didn't work. I'm currently trying RIT color remover in hot water. How long should I soak it?

Help?

Answers

Best Answer

Try Rit dye remover per the instructions. Remember hot water shrinks if it is cotton. Dryers will set the color and so will vinegar. Anytime you don't want something to fade, you wash it in vinegar. So, since you used vinegar already, it might not all come out.