Auto Washer Smells Like Mildew

I am starting to have a mildew smell in my auto washer. I have used baking soda and vinegar with hot water to get rid of it. I use very little liquid soap or softeners. The lid is never left closed after use. Any help will be a great. Thanks.

Jo from Girard, Pa

I would try very hot water, add soap & bleach - let soak, then run washer through. I lived in Louisiana for almost 20 years. It has to be the mildew capital. Bleach is used for mildew down there, & EVERYTHING gets mildew on it.

You can always run Tang through it. That worked great for a dishwasher that was really smelly.

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsJune 17, 2008
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Photo of a tent set up in the woods.
Removing Mildew from a Tent
Thief Breaking into Car
Preventing Auto Theft
Windshield wiper tip on windshield
Homemade Windshield Washer Fluid