Shopping for Raw Peanuts

Does anyone know where I might find raw peanuts? My husband lived in Georgia for a short while and he raves about their boiled peanuts.

By Marilyn D.

If you go to google.com and type in "buying boiled peanuts" a lot of sites come up where you can buy them. Looking at some of the sites they can come packed in cans or bags of boiled peanuts.

I do not know where you are now, but our super Walmart sells them (just look closely at the packaging). I am in NC, and there is a town near me that sells them as well as homemade peanut butter, brittle, etc. (Houston's Peanuts).

Being from the Northwest, I first thought that eating boiled peanuts was, well, a bit odd. However, when done right (and eaten hot), they are great. I do not have the bravery to eat them cajun, but regular style is not so bad.

Most grocery stores carry boiled peanuts, look for them in the canned goods aisles. You may have to ask where the store keeps them, but most store chains across the US do carry them. Erm, word of warning, boiled peanuts are the textbook example of 'an acquired taste'. Trust me, I lived in the US Deep South for over 20 years and never acquired the taste, but those who love the treat swear it's the best ever.

I live in the South and we call them green peanuts instead of raw. Most of our grocery stores carry them and you can buy them by the pound and cook them yourself. Peanuts boiled at home are much much better than the canned ones. They are boiled in salt water - you judge how much salt you can handle. Since your hubby lived in Georgia for a while, I'll bet he knows how to cook them. Enjoy!

I bought raw peanuts in bulk at a pet supply store when I used to feed squirrels. The squirrels 'planted' some and they grew! I have seen smaller bags of raw peanuts at the grocery store in produce. I love boiled peanuts but I would think they are better freshly made as they do spoil.

Most any grocery store carries raw peanuts, especially at Christmas time.

You should be able to find raw peanuts in the bulk food section of your grocery store. If not, then try a health food store.

Boiled peanuts are great. I love them. If you want to boil the peanuts, you need to buy "green peanuts". If you want to roast them in the oven, you need peanuts that have been out of the ground longer and have dried. At least that's the way I understand it. I live in South Carolina and I love both boiled and roasted. I think you can only get green peanuts in the spring and summer time. I've tried the canned boiled peanuts, and they are not anywhere close to tasting the same as fresh boiled peanuts. Good luck. cg.

Consumer Advice Product FinderAugust 3, 2011
African Peanut Soup
African Peanut Soup Recipes
Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
Adding Raw Food To Your Diet
A dog with a raw steak in its bowl.
Feeding Dogs a Raw Diet
Raw Egg
Cleaning Raw Egg Off Carpet
🎄